This is the easiest thing to make with a can of chickpeas and it’s so delicious! It is also low fat (or fat free) so a guilt free option. Its ideal as an addition to a salad, on a sandwich, as a side to a meal, or even just something to dip your carrots in. All you need for this is a good blender, especially if you want a smooth paste.
There are also lots of variations to this, I also love adding coriander and chilli or even using kidney beans instead of chickpeas. Adding avocado also makes a delicious rich hummus full of healthy fats.
Recipe Chickpea Hummus
- 2 tins chickpeas, drained
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 red chilli
- 1 tablespoon tahini paste (optional)
- Salt & pepper to season
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and season with salt and pepper.
- Add about 1/2 cup wage, put the lid on the blender and blend.
- You may need to stop and stir the mixture as you go or add more water.
- Blend until you have a smooth consistency.
- Enjoy 🙂
Have a look at the recipe for Lentils & Barley Salad where I used this hummus recipe.