Lemon & Chilli Chicken Salad is a recipe I came up with just from the ingredient in my fridge.
In today’s world meals that are quick and easy to prepare are key. It’s easy to cook a full meal on a Sunday but during the week you just don’t have time or you tired and lack the energy to cook. Healthy meals that you can quickly throw together make all the difference. Left over roasts are great convenient foods for lunches, so are kidney beans that you can keep tins of in your cupboard for days you need a quick meal. Here is a recipe that I simply opened my fridge and quickly threw it all together. Lucky it worked out ?
- 1/2 cup tinned kidney beans. Drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup cucumber chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomato’s chopped
- 1 small chicken breast (I used smoked chicken)
- Rind of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small red chilli chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- Mix the beans, cucumber and tomato with the dressing and put it on a plate.
- Top with rocket and chicken and serve 🙂
Ingredients I would have used if I had it in the fridge:
- Coriander instead of mint