This healthy quinoa salad with fresh orange is another easy and quick meal to make. It cost me less than R100 and it could easily feed 3 people. Because it’s so high in fibre its very fulling so you won’t feel the need to snack just before bed. You can also mix it up with different ingredients of your choice. I always think the more vegetables you can add the better so feel free to pile on the healthy greens 🙂
Recipe Orange Glazed ChickenWith A Warm Quinoa Salad
- Chicken strips (300-400g)
- 3/4 cup raw quinoa (cooked in water)
- 2 cups raw spinach, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green beans, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tin kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 large orange
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Juice of 1 Lemmon
- Smoked Paprika
- Fresh mint, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to season
- Cook quinoa in a large pot. Once cooked, keep the heat on and add the spinach, beans and the red pepper. Put a lid on the pot and leave to simmer at a low heat to allow the spinach to wilt. Season with salt and pepper
- Meanwhile, place a small amount of oil ( 1 Tablespoon) onto a hot pan.
- Season your chicken strips with salt and pepper and smoke paprika.
- Place the chicken in the hot pan and allow to start cooking. While cooking squeeze in the juice of half the orange and keep cooking until the chicken is done then set aside.
- Take the quinoa pot off the heat and add your lemon juice.
- Peal the remaining half of the orange and segment it. Chop the segments in half and add the orange, kidney beans and mint to the quinoa.
- Plate up your quinoa and top with chicken pieces and pomegranate seeds.