Sometimes you just feel like something savoury for breakfast instead of your normal sweet oats. This is a great option thats different to the general eggs on toast and I promise its delicious 🙂
There are so many variations to doing this, basically just swop your toast with some cooked oats and carry on with your favourite savoury toppings. Im a great fan of vegetables for breakfast but I know its not for everyone. If you willing to test it out some great veggie options to go with savoury oats would be spinach or baby spinach, kale, mushrooms, aubergine, pumpkin, and asparagus.
I also love including healthy fatty fishes with breakfast to0 so a nice smoked trout or salmon go amazingly. Or even just some crunchy bacon would do nicely!
- 1 cup cooked oats (seasoned with salt and pepper)
- Handful Wilted Baby spinach
- Approximately 60 g smoked salmon
- 1 large poached egg
- Use half a cup of raw rolled oats and cook in ether 1 cup water or 1 cup low fat milk and season with salt and pepper.
- Poach your egg to you’re liking, soft or medium eggs would be preferable.
- Wilt your baby spinach quickly in a small amount of boiling water. Put the baby spinach in the boiling water just for a few seconds until it goes soft.
- Dish up your oats and top with the baby spinach, then salmon ribbons, and your poached egg.
- Season & Enjoy 🙂