This yoghurt coleslaw recipe is the perfect healthy and delicious alternative to the traditional coleslaw made with mayonnaise. Its is lower is in calories and fat and also packed with nutrition. This salad has a mix of a variety of different vegetables which not only adds colour and texture but also increases the amount of different micronutrients in the salad. Lets not forget that it is also very easy and simple to make. This is something everyone can enjoy.
Follow the recipe below for this healthy alternative:
Ready in 10 minutes
Serves 8 People
- 1 Cup low fat plain yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon hot english mustard
- Lemon juice from 1 lemon
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded green apple
- 1 cup shredded baby spinach
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds
- For the dressing, mix the yoghurt, mustard and lemon juice together. Set aside.
- Toss the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the yoghurt dressing over the slaw ingredients and mix it in until everything is evenly coated.
- Be sure to taste the slaw. You may add another squeeze of lemon juice to make the salad more tangy.
- Dry toast some sesame seeds in a non stick pan on a low heat. Take the sesame seeds off the heat when they turn a golden brown colour.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the coleslaw just before serving.
Feel free to add other vegetables as well such a brusque sprouts, sugar snap peas, chopped spinach or kale, peppers etc. The bigger the variety of vegetables you can add the better!